I would like to show you how to dress if you are over 40 years old lady. By that age we no longer have bodies we used to have in our 20ies, right. Well, most of us don’t have model bodies. And there is nothing wrong with it. The first thing you should do in order to look amazing is to forget about bulky and shapeless knitwear.
A lovely sweater in slim fit will be a good choice to team with a plaid pencil skirt and leopard print heels.
What This Post Is About:
Tips For Dressing In Your 45
No more oversized sweaters or jackets. It is time to update your wardrobe with more contemporary outfits and items. There are plenty of possibilities for women over 45 to dress fashionable and stylish.
Here are some easy tips to follow:
1) Long skirts are popular since they flatter all body types, plus they are comfortable and require no ironing at all. Their long length also makes them great for hiding your not so thin legs. They come in different patterns, from floral motifs to animal prints.
2) Slim pants made of soft fabric are the best way to show off your toned legs. Just be sure to wear them with a blouse that covers your midriff.
3) Colored tights are great for colder days, while patterned ones can transform a simple skirt and top into a party outfit.
4) If you have a very petite frame, then go for garments with vertical lines or diagonal stripes – they make you look taller and slimmer.
5) Make sure to keep accessories to a minimum. A pair of sunglasses and some jewelry are all that’s needed.
6) Shoes can make or break an outfit. Choose a pair with pointed toes that are both trendy and comfortable.
7) Bright lipstick, blush and mascara are great for women over 45.
8) If you have a mature face, then wear your hair down as often as possible – this works to your advantage and can draw attention away from lines or other imperfections. If you have an oval face or are petite, long hair will make you appear even longer. If you have a round face, then opt for shorter hair styles that flatter your features.
9) You won’t have any problems staying stylish with this easy fashion tip – always accentuate your best features, for example in your hair or make up. There is no age limit for becoming fashionable!
How Should You Dress In Your 40s
Speaking of shoes, do you find it difficult to find the perfect color combination? A simple life hack: the shade of the shoes should echo one of the colors involved in your outfit, whether it is a scarf, belt, hat, or a bag. Believe me, wearing bright shoes is better than choosing black ones.
I do recommend skipping deep V-neck tops, they may look somewhat vulgar, better go for a classy version of a boatneck style.
Go for pastels. A lighter color palette will definitely make you look 10 years younger. White, gray, pastel shades, beige, ivory, dusty pink, and other warm creamy colors will make you look sweet and refreshing.
Some ladies believe that even when they hit 40, it’s still acceptable wearing crop tops, short tops with the Mickey Mouse print, etc. Stop it! Keep things more elegant and choose fitted clothes with classic prints. You better feel the right measure: a t-shirt with a funny print and ripped jeans are cool but do not copy the style of teenagers. I would go for cropped jeans completed with a classic jacket and trendy loafers.
When choosing accessories, you can use your imagination. For example, a beautiful hat, eye-catchy jewelry, an unusual brooch, or bright shoes will do the thing. In general, be original — it will benefit your style. At 40, it’s time to come to harmony with your style and choose comfortable clothing.
White Blouse & Black Skinnies
Tweed Jacket In Black & Black Skirt
Cargo Jacket And Black Skirt
Pink Blouse & Leopard Print Leggings
Cardigan With White Top & Black Skinny Jeans
Belted Blazer In Grey & Slim Cream Pants
I love this beautiful office inspired outfit idea. We see a grey double-breasted blazer updated with a brown belt and teamed with cream-white slim pants. If you want to see more street style looks on ways how to wear blazers, check out my post:
Yellow Oversized Sweater & Micro Plaid Pants
Beige Coat With Beige Blazer And Brown Skirt
Ruffled Blouse And Floral Skirt
Pastel Blue Shirt & White Pants
Long Blazer In Beige & White Pants
Floral White Blouse & Camel Pants
Khaki Olive Shirtdress
We see a lovely khaki green shirtdress completed with silver metallic pointed-toe pumps. A lovely look for casual street walks or summer vacation. See more ideas on how to style shirtdresses, I have some really nice ideas to share with you.