The length does matter! A maxi dress is a special item of women’s wardrobe. It was created for evening outs, but nowadays you can find great styles that ideally suit casual days and countryside weekends. In this article, I will bring you my favorite maxi dresses you can wear all year round. We are about to see some easy tips on what jackets you can layer over these beautiful gowns.
We see a great fall season OOTD. A black leather jacket is paired with a black maxi dress in floral print. Complete this look by adding black suede boots.
The maxi dress can be considered to be the epitome of femininity, elegance, and style. After all, the length plays a very important role in the world of fashion, we see latest shows where models appear in floor-length creations, semi-transparent hippie dresses, country-style dresses with voluminous skirts, velvet maxi gowns, floor-length coatdresses.
There is an opinion that in crisis and difficult times, fashion becomes as feminine as possible. And what could be more feminine than a maxi dress? If you’ve spent the last five years in skinny jeans and leather leggings, then you definitely should feel that woman’s femininity power.
I remember my mother’s long dark blue velvet dress when I was eight. I always wanted to try it on. And now, thirty years later, I put on a maxi chiffon dress embellished with flowers, look in the mirror — and surprisingly, I catch the same childish feeling when I wanted to try on my mom’s dress.
In this blog post we’ve collected some of the most stylish ideas for wearing and styling maxi dresses. We hope that you’ll find one that suits your style, and that you would want to wear one even as soon as today! Did you know that you can wear maxi dresses in virtually any occasion?
They look perfect both for work and play, and they can be dressed up or down. You can wear them with flats, with heels, or with boots, as long as you want to!
If you want to become a master of styling and wearing maxi dresses , here are some of our tips on how to do that:
Easy Style Tips Wearing Maxi Dresses
1) Whenever choosing a color for the latest maxi dress you’ve got your eyes on, think of the outerwear first. The outerwear is the “frame” of your entire outfit, and choosing a bright colored coat with a dark colored dress would be a well thought-out combination. It will draw all the eyes to you and your unique style.
2) Choose different styles for various occasions. For example, if you have to go to work, choose an A-line maxi dress so that it would look more appropriate at the office – something that is not going to be too revealing or too short. On the other hand, when you go out partying with your friends or to a summer festival, wear a shorter dress with prints and brighter colors.
3) Mix and match. It is the most important and useful tip of all whenever you talk about styling tips for your clothes. Maxi dresses can be combined with other things apart from outerwear – camisoles, jackets, cardigans, blazers.
4) Bring your fashion A-game to play – don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and colors of maxi dresses you already have in your wardrobe. For instance, wear a white dress with black heels and necklace in one day and wear a printed one the next day.
5) Apply your make-up products in a way that goes best with the colours of your dress. It will not only boost the overall style of your outfit but also complement it.
What should I wear a maxi dress with?
Outerwear. In the cold season, you can not skip outerwear. In order not to break the proportions, most fashionistas who have weight problems go for cropped jackets, fitted coats, cardigans, leather jackets, fur vests, or denim jackets. If you are overweight, then I suggest skipping long coats, cardigans, or long raincoats. For a special event, the ideal companion of a long dress will be a fur shawl, a cape, or a fluffy sheepskin coat.
Shoes. Long floor-length dresses are usually recommended by stylists to wear with low-heel shoes. If you are planning to wear maxi gown during the day-off or casual weekend, then why don’t you style it with ballet flats, Gladiator sandals, tennis shoes, or even with sneakers.
Accessories. When picking up a bag for a maxi dress, put aside the baggy and oversized bags. The best option is a small clutch (day or evening, depending on the occasion) or a medium-sized purse with a strap. The only exception is the casual style. In this case, the outfit looks harmonized and relaxed.
Shearling Aviator Jacket
A bulky aviator jacket in black color is draped over a boho style maxi dress completed with burgundy leather ankle boots:
With a long cardigan
A grey long cardigan looks absolutely stunning with that black maxi dress updated with black boots. See my other cool ideas how to wear long cardigans tis year, hope you gonna love my looks:
With a camel coat
A classic camel coat will be a perfect addition to this green-black maxi dress printed in florals, complete the look by adding oversized sunglasses and classic boots. See my favorite ways how to style camel coats:
With a white crochet long vest
With a quilted white purse
With a leather jacket
With a grey coat
With a black floppy hat
With oversized blazer
With a denim jacket
With white sneakers
With a plaid scarf
You should know the right ways how to wear maxi dresses this year. Wear it under a leather jacket or blazer. Why don’t you add some of these stunning designs to your collection?
Oh, and the last thing. By far, you have scrolled down to this text, meaning you have read till the end. If you did like it, then please share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!
Saturday 19th of March 2022
the present fashion factor of maxi dresses is a preference that it's still debated on. Personally, I'm not a fan of the maxi dress because I think it's impractical for your day-to-day outfit.
Friday 11th of March 2022
as a culture, we are going through a strange period of transition, and that the "in" styles are all very short. If you're wondering what you can do with these maxi dresses, I think the best thing to do is experiment.
Monday 8th of June 2020
i am so into that leopard print dress styled with white sneakers, where can i buy the same?