Get inspired by these gorgeous street style ideas on how to wear beret hats. This type of hat comes with so many stereotypes. It is considered to be an essential attribute of a French woman. Plus, every woman who wants to create a Parisian chic style is obliged to pair this beret with a polka dot dress and complete the look with a fresh baguette. That’s non-sense!
A blue beret hat is worn with a Houndstooth print coat, beige sweater and slim jeans. Update the look by adding a cute structured bucket bag and a camel scarf.
In fact, the traditional beret (as we call it) can be seen in small provincial towns worn by the men. In big cities, like Paris, you can find a small number of women wearing this hat. Why? The beret is considered to be a micro-trend that comes and goes.
Indeed, this stereotype has gone viral through the internet, showing us “traditional” French ladies appearing on the streets wearing red berets along with striped tops, flared skirts, and cute pumps. These are just fantasies for foreigners who dream of someday going to Paris and dressing the same way. This look is just for fairytales. I recommend checking out the real streets of Paris one day.
However, as I have already mentioned, the micro-trends come and go, and this year we see a comeback of berets. This time we can try on wearing berets along with the 1970s trends and Parisian chic touches. But please, make sure to avoid creating French cliche looks with stripes, polka dots, and bows.
Unfortunately, this hat is not as universal as we used to think. For example, beret should be avoided by round-faced ladies ( it can visually make rounded faces look fuller), plus this kind of hat should be avoided by ladies with elongated face shapes. The beret is meant for women with well-proportioned faces, as well as for rectangular and square faces (but make sure to wear them on one side) so that the oblique line can soften the facial features.
A beret hat is a more casual style that can be worn in a variety of ways. Fashionably conscious women have been getting into the trend for quite some time now, but it has really taken off this season. These styles are easy to pull off since they work well with different outfits and outfit combinations. Berets make you look fun and trendy and could turn your boring outfit into something more interesting, so try them out this season when you can find a deal on a nice one.
What This Post Is About:
Style Tips For Wearing Berets For Women:
1. A boho chic look for autumn would look great with a maxi dress or tunic paired with heavy tights or leggings, tall boots, leather gloves, and a beret. The boho chic look works well because it could work for a lot of occasions. You could go shopping, to school, and have fun at parties. This style easily transitions from day to evening time so it is versatile for any woman that wants to express her style and personality.
2. You can also just wear a simple black outfit with pants and a top all in black and black boots and a beret. Have fun with this look and play around to find the different ways you can wear a beret.
3. A ponytail and beret is a perfect style for a wedding. You could also wear a bun or ponytail and still look trendy with this style.
4. You can also wear a beret with a long dress. This style works with both casual and dressy styles. Wear the beret to look slightly more put together while still being able to express your personality.
5. Another stylish way to wear a beret is to pair it with a tunic or sweater for casual days, or even formal wear and jeans for a date night. The style works well for women that want to look classy yet still have fun when they go out in public.
6. A beret is also a great accessory for layering with other accessories that may include scarves, necklaces, earrings and more. You can wear a beret alone or with other accessories. This versatile style can easily be worn with any outfit.
How to wear a beret this spring?
If you’re planning to buy a fashionable beret but don’t know which to choose and how to wear it, then you can simply follow the following tips:
- Choose berets in a contrasting color of your outerwear piece. This will make your outfit look fresh and individual. Play on contrasts ( would go for a black coat with a red beret and red shoes) picking matching shoes will underline your elegance;
- I would recommend experimenting with fabrics. You can find fabulous berets made of leather (in matte and patent looks), suede, fur, velour, knitted, and corduroy designs.
Beret Hat With Long Coat And Buckled Boots
Red Beret With Denim Jacket And White Floral Print Dress
Red Beret With Houndstooth Blazer, White Turtleneck And Jeans
Black Beret Hat With Black Leather Jacket And White Tee
Beret Hat With Beige Coat And Polka Dot Skirt
Black Beret Black Sweater And Plaid Pants
This outfit reminds me of Tomboy style. Here we see a black beret hat styled with a black turtleneck tucked in plaid print pants. A lovely combo for daring ladies. If you want to see my favorite Tomboy style looks, then check out my post, where I share simple, yet functional looks for women.
Beret With Denim Jacket White Turtleneck And Jeans
Red Beret With Plaid Coat White Blouse And Velour Skirt
Black Beret Black Blazer And Dotted White Blouse With Jeans
White Beret With Biker Black Jacket And Jeans
Grey Beret With Houndstooth Coat And White Jeans
Black Beret With White Maxi Coat And Plaid Pumps
Beige Beret With White Fur Jacket Plaid Pants And Suede Boots
Grey Beret With Grey Coat Grey Sweater Dress And OTK Boots
Fur Beret With Fur Jacket And Floral Print Dress
Beret Hat With Yellow Turtleneck And Cami Dress
Red Beret And Plaid Grey Dress With Red Boots
White Beret With White Mohair Sweater And Black Jeans
Black Beret With Cat Eye Sunglasses And Pinstripe Shirt
Mustard Beret With Camel Sweater And Leopard Midi Skirt
All In Black Beret Hat, Turtleneck, Jeans And Biker Jacket
All In Black: Beret Hat Black Biker Jacket And Jumpsuit
Beret Hat With White Shirt Black Pants And Suspenders
The hat ideally matches the white shirt black pants outfit idea completed with suspenders.
Your first time wearing a beret is a feeling you won’t be quick to forget. First of all, by placing a beret on your head both you and your outfit are automatically ten times more interesting. Secondly, you are suddenly very aware that you’ve now joined the very exclusive beret club. The kind that comes with a history of style and responsibility. While the beret is very easy to get right… it is also very, very easy to get wrong. There is nothing that irks a Parisian more than a willfully unaware tourist who has gone and butchered the trend without even realizing it.